State Small Business Commissioners
The states of New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia and South Australia have a Small Business Commissioner to assist small businesses deal with business-to-business disputes and business-to-government disputes.
One of the best sources of online information, offers help on how to , grow or your small business or family enterprise (and everything in between).
This website provides you with government information, assistance, forms and services, including a , free , how to , free apps, information and how to .
Australian Business Register
An Australian Business Number (ABN) is a unique 11 digit number that identifies your business to the government and the community.
You can register online as a sole trader, partnership or a trust for an ABN at the website.
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
The ACCC promotes competition and fair trade in markets to benefit consumers, businesses, and the community. Their information covers a business’ , how to , setting , , rules that businesses must follow when products and services, and more.
2020欧洲杯体育投注The ACCC produces a twice-yearly report, , on their work and activities in the small business sector.
Visit the dedicated on their website or call the Infocentre on 1300 302 502.
Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
2020欧洲杯体育投注You can apply for a company or business name through ASIC. Start by of the name you want to use, then you can , learn about your and why is a legal requirement for tax purposes.
2020欧洲杯体育投注You can download the ASIC for further assistance.
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
2020欧洲杯体育投注The ATO offers a range of services and resources to understand and comply with their tax requirements. The ATO website has information on preparing and your BAS, essentials, , , , and an you can download for free.
You can visit the or call via these phone services:
Business helpline: 13 10 20 (8am-6pm Mon-Fri)
AUSkey enquiries: 1300 287 5392020欧洲杯体育投注 (8am-6pm Mon-Fri)
2020欧洲杯体育投注You can also contact the Inspector-General of Taxation if you have a complaint or dispute with the ATO (see tab below).
Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman
If you have a complaint or dispute with the ATO and have not been able to resolve the issue directly with them, the Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman may be able to help you.
2020欧洲杯体育投注The Inspector-General and Taxation Ombudsman can help to address concerns or complaints about the administrative actions of the ATO or Tax Practitioners Board. Examples of administrative action include the time it takes to get a response, the conduct of officers, the availability of services, or whether an auditor has considered all the relevant information.
Phone: 1300 448 829
Family Business Australia
2020欧洲杯体育投注 has a range of information and to help family enterprises plans to manage and grow their business.
2020欧洲杯体育投注Family Business Australia can provide advice on a range of issues, from how to establish a family council to setting up a .
For more information, contact Family Business Australia by phone on 1800 249 3572020欧洲杯体育投注 or email .
Register a business
2020欧洲杯体育投注The , or BRS, is a free service provided by the Commonwealth government that offers a simpler, clearer and faster way to register a business.
BRS joins-up a range of existing Commonwealth government services to provide a streamlined and improved user experience that reduces the time to register as a new business, or apply for additional registrations. It supports existing businesses, and business intenders, to meet their obligations and avoid applying for registrations that they don’t need.
2020欧洲杯体育投注The BRS is available at .
– ABLIS helps you find information on government licences, permits, approvals, registrations, codes of practice, standards and guidelines to meet your compliance responsibilities.
(ACCI) – The Australian Chamber is Australia's largest and most representative business association, comprising state and territory chambers of commerce and national industry associations. ACCI represents more than 300,000 businesses and speaks on their behalf to government and the community.
2020欧洲杯体育投注 – If your business is struggling with debt, it’s important to seek help straight away from an accountant or free financial counsellor. They will assess your situation and provide advice on how to manage your debt.
– This industry body represents and provides support services to professional business brokers involved in the facilitation of business ownership from one party to another.
– Austrade provides general information, free of charge to Australian companies, about exporting and doing business in international markets. Find out about export markets, grants, free trade agreements and how to expand your business outside Australia.
– Training is the best way to take control of your finances; there are a number of free or low-cost training options available through Be MoneySmart to give you the right start.
2020欧洲杯体育投注 – The Fair Work Ombudsman provides information and advice about workplace rights and obligations, including how to hire staff and calculate employee pay and leave.
– Through IP Australia’s website, you can learn about trademarks, copyright, and business, patent and design registrations.
– The TPB Register contains registration details of registered and deregistered tax and BAS agents and tax (financial) advisers.
– The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)’s is designed to help small to medium enterprises (SMEs), start-ups, researchers and anyone unfamiliar with therapeutic goods regulation to better understand regulatory requirements. The service includes guidance articles, interactive decision tools, educational workshops and a subscription service to keep you up-to-date with the latest SME Assist information.
2020欧洲杯体育投注 – This is a great online resource to find tips and guidance to protect your business' safety online.